Friday, March 1, 2013

March Madness With Mulligan

Wilson Mulligan makes new friends on St. Patrick's Day, 2011.
The idea of turning a one day celebration like Valentine's Day into a whole month of romance didn't originate with me; I stole it from my dad.  Patrick Mulligan was the king of St. Patrick's Day parties and he transformed the one day a year when everybody wants to be Irish into 31 days of March Madness.  In his honor, I'm celebrating St. Patrick's Day beginning today through the end of the month.  Would you like to join the party?  Here are some ways you can be a part of March Madness with Mulligan:

Visit my cyber-bistro A bunch of my writer buddies hang out here along with a few tennis friends from California and some of my classmates from high school.  Don't forget to say hello to my rock star cousin, now celebrating 2 million page views on YouTube with his band, Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers.  Click here to see the van session that made them world famous.  You don't have to be a writer to join the fun, however, if you have an inkling that you have a writing gene, you are welcome to submit a guest post for cyber-guest Friday.  Cyber-guest Friday started at Mulligan's Bar in the 70's when dad founded the POETS Society, brick and mortar style.  Patrons met every Friday to share prose and a few cold ones.

Add a brick to the Yellow Brick Road.  Click here to add your favorite quote at the cyber-bistro.  The first brick is dedicated to a high school classmate who is no longer with us.  She always knew how to make others laugh and her brick includes a video I put together to honor her amazing life.  To my high school classmates who knew Nancy, click here for the link to her tribute.

Sign up for free giveaways.  Some of you who signed up early are already winners.  I'm giving away more autographed copies during March Madness.  All you need to do is become a cyber-bistro V.I.P.  If you have a Google, Twitter or Yahoo account, just click here to join the party.  I will post the names of all the winners once the book is officially released.  Chapter one will be available on St. Patrick's Day and new chapters will be available for free every Friday.

Here's a little Irish blessing to help you get your March Madness off to a great start...

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.



No comments: